It is Spa Academy Askern’s aim that by the time the children leave our school to embark on the next stage of their education, they are equipped with the academic skills and knowledge, and have developed the personal attributes needed to enable them to become successful citizens of the future.
Spa’s curriculum has a core focus on ensuring our pupils become lifelong learners and successful citizens of the future, aiming to equip all its pupils with the belief that ‘Better Never Stops’. This is achieved through delivering a coherently sequenced and planned body of knowledge and skills in which our key drivers are found in every subject, every lesson and every activity pupils undertake, developing pupils’ understanding of how to:
• show creativity in their desire to achieve beyond expectations;
• recognise that the path to success requires perseverance and teamwork;
• demonstrate honesty and integrity;
• take responsibility for their future;
• respect our learning community, environment and wider society.
Spa's curriculum aims are outlined in our progression documents. Below, you can also find information on this subject's portfolio piece - a piece of work completed by each pupil that is the culmination of a particular term's teaching and learning, demonstrating the skills and knowledge of the intended curriculum.