Recently, the government have advised that, where possible, schools are able to reopen to other year groups. We have the capacity, staff and space to be able to open to Year 5 pupils, providing small afternoon sessions from Monday 6th July - Thursday 16th July.
Why are we reopening to Year 5?
- We have the capacity to do so, with staffing, space and time.
- The sessions will run in the afternoons, 1 - 3pm.
- They will be taught by a member of the Year 6 team.
- These pupils are about to enter their final year of school and we have designed a Year 6 Ready Programme for these pupils to take part in during these two weeks.
- Coming into school, for the final two weeks for short sessions, will help pupils - who have not been in school since March - spend time with familiar staff and surroundings. It is hoped this will help pupils with the transition to Year 6, making sure they are off to a flying start in September.
How are we making it safe?
What if I don't want to send my child to school?
- We completely understand some parents may not wish to send their pupils to school.
- Elements of the Year 6 Ready programme will be available online to access during this final two weeks.
- The government have explained that, for this Summer term, non-attendance will not be fined.