You are self-isolating as someone in your home 'bubble' has COVID symptoms and is awaiting a test result or you have been contacted by NHS Test & Trace and asked to self-isolate. As a school, we are able to provide immediate remote education until you return to school (after a negative test result or your self-isolation period ends).
You have contacted school to explain that your child is having to self-isolate (for one of the reasons above). Today, you will be contacted by a member of our school Remote Education team. They will help you in how Spa are able to provide remote education (e.g. if the child has use of a computer/tablet, they will be able to access online resources but, of course, this may not be the case due to carers working from home too!). This phone call will hopefully answer any questions you have.
Our remote education team will check-in and make sure you're able to view your assignments on Microsoft Teams and MyMaths, if you are able to. This is so that your child is able to complete assignments that match- as far as possible - what is being taught in class. If required, we will also be able to support with paper-based resources.
From then on, you will be able to access Microsoft Teams and our remote education team will be able to communicate with you on there, checking in on pupils' work. They will also contact throughout the week to check-in on how you are getting on! If you require paper-based resources, these will be delivered and our team will keep in contact.
1. Click the button below to visit Microsoft Teams.
2. Enter your email and password (these have been sent out to individuals).
3. If you're asked to download the Teams app, just click 'Use the web app instead' - it's right at the bottom of the page!
4. Click on your class name.
5. Make sure you're here at least 5 minutes before your LIVE lesson is due to start! Just wait on this page until...
1. Go to Microsoft Teams, just like you did above.
2. Click on the 'Assignments' tab down the side.
3. After each lesson, your teacher will post an assignment and it will appear in your 'Assigned' tasks. Click on each to complete it!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Remote Learning'
Contact 01302 700332