This page is for pupils in Ruby Class that have been asked to self-isolate.
You'll have now received a letter explaining that your child should now self-isolate. It is our aim that our pupils continue to receive high-quality education whilst they self-isolate. As a school, we are here to support you as much as we can so please do not hesitate to contact us.
On Wednesday, you will be contacted by a member of school staff to make sure you are able to access Microsoft Teams. This call will also give you a chance to discuss any questions you have regarding remote learning. We can talk about how we are able to support you (e.g. IT equipment/issues, timetabling, providing work).
On Wednesday, we will host an online virtual meeting for parents and pupils, going through what the coming days will look like. Visit Microsoft Teams just before 11.30am on Wednesday, click 'Teams' on the sidebar and just before 11.25am a notification will appear on the screen asking you and your child to join a video call with your child's Class Teacher and a member of the Leadership Team. Your child will be able to access 'assignments' through Microsoft Teams following this meeting.
From then on, every school day until Friday, your child will access 2 LIVE lessons a day using Microsoft Teams. These 2 LIVE lessons will be just like the video call on Day 2 and will allow our staff to deliver lessons 'virtually'. After each virtual session, your child will be able to complete 'assignments' in Microsoft Teams.
|Writing||10 - 10.15am|
|Reading||1 - 1.15am|
|Maths||Will be posted on Microsoft Teams|
1. Click the button below to visit Microsoft Teams.
2. Enter your email and password (these will be sent out to individuals).
3. If you're asked to download the Teams app, just click 'Use the web app instead' - it's right at the bottom of the page!
4. Click on your class name.
5. Make sure you're here at least 5 minutes before your LIVE lesson is due to start! Just wait on this page until...
6. When class is about to begin, you will see this appear. Click 'join' to join your LIVE lesson!
7. Your webcam, if you have one, will show your face in the middle of the screen. When you're ready to join, click 'Join Now'. From this point, you are in the LIVE lesson and will be able to see your teacher.
8. As soon as you go into the lesson, your teacher may 'mute' you and 'unmute' you if you're being asked something!
9. The teacher will take a register, checking that everyone can hear.
We ask that, as far as possible, your child attends all of these LIVE sessions and completes all assignments. However, we understand that this may not always be possible (childcare, working from home, shared computers etc.) and when we call on Day 1 will talk about how we can support you and your child as much as possible!
1. Go to Microsoft Teams, just like you did above.
2. Click on the 'Assignments' tab down the side.
3. After each lesson, your teacher will post an assignment and it will appear in your 'Assigned' tasks. Click on each to complete it!
Email email@example.com with the subject 'Remote Learning'
Contact 01302 700332